A historical sight to behold and an architectural wonder to be proud of.
The Dipolog Quezon Bridge measures around 375 feet long and 15 feet wide, and has a net weight capacity of 5 tons. It also has extra lanes on each side that serves as pathway for pedestrians traveling on foot between Minaog and its nearby areas.
For over seven decades, the Dipolog Quezon Bridge had been the silent witness to all improvements and modernizations that Dipolog has undergone throughout her history. It had withstood the test of time, having survived numerous heavy storms and countless flash floods.
In its inauguration in the year 1939, under the administration of late Governor Matias C. Ranillo Sr., then President Manuel L. Quezon, together with his two daughters, Zenaida and Aurora Quezon, were invited. The bridge was then named Quezon Bridge in his honor.
At that time, the Quezon Bridge was the only route for trading between Dipolog and its eastern neighbors.
Despite its old age, Quezon Bridge still stood, suspended in the air, continuing to provide a gateway for Dipolognons and its nearby towns.
Today, the Quezon Bridge is considered one of Dipolog’s early days’ pride. One of the greatest marks of her embracing the age of architecture and engineering.